Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PEPPERED PERFECTION

14 X 11 OIL ON STRETCHED CANVAS
This is the demonstration painting I did yesterday for my workshop in Foley, Alabama.
I know it was a challenge for all of us but the colors of the yellow and orange bell peppers with the colorful bowls made an entertaining composition. Look for the big shapes (squint), emphasize the angles, and lose some edges,,,these were some of the things I wanted to stress.
For questions, comments or to purchase this painting
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 500 paintings in the older post on my
To see some of my available larger paintings click on the tab that says 'larger paintings' at the top right of my blog. Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery
ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK
GULF SHORES, ALABAMA

2 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Superb. I am running out of words to describe your work. I will have to make some new ones up. This piece is just perfection!

Elizabeth Blaylock said...

Thanks so much Carol! You know i love your paintings but I also love those clever new words you invent.