Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PLUMS WITH KNIFE

6 X 6 OIL ON PANEL
I am wondering why I put the knife in there...I've never peeled a plum. This knife did not have a shadow at all. I went back to my computer to look at the original reference photo and.... no shadow. I am so used to putting in the shadows to ground an object, so I almost just made one up but decided to leave it as it was.
If you have questions, comments or would like to purchase this painting email me at eliblaylock@yahoo.com
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 400 paintings in the older post on my
blog
Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery
Elizabeth Blaylock
Gulf Shores, Alabama

1 comment:

Virginia Floyd said...

This is such a great painting. I like the composition of the three plums, and the knife diagonally across the painting. Your values are terrific. And you got your signature colors in the shadows!