Saturday, May 5, 2012

DUSK OVER ST. AUGUSTINE SKYLINE

5 X 7 OIL ON HARDBOARD PANEL  SOLD
This painting is a departure for me as I rarely, if ever paint dusk or sunset scenes.  Wow, and it was not an easy task!!!   Better mix up your grays and carefully check your values for this type of painting   Oh, and don't forget to keep in mind your wind currents for the clouds!!
This is the view from the Edgewater Inn across the Lions Bridge in St Augustine. We stayed there after the show and it is great!!  All the rooms have a deck with rocking chairs on the back porch looking over the St. Augustine skyline.  I lived  in St. Augustine 28 years ago and boy has it grown. Wonderful art, galleries and food..  I had the best gyro sandwich ever at the Athena Restaurant downtown at Cathedral Place.
Questions...email me 
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 600 paintings in the older post on my
blog
Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery 
Elizabeth Blaylock
Gulf Shores, Alabama 


No comments: