Wednesday, December 8, 2010

RED DAISIES AND APPLES

14 X 11 OIL ON STRETCHED CANVAS
This warm floral still life was a joy to do although I had to work hard to make it look simple... constantly softening edges and re-establishing the drawing. I took this photo outside in sunlight. The photo I took in the shade made it look like an entirely different, cool painting. Reds are hard to photograph accurately. 
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 500 paintings in the older post on my
To see some of my available larger paintings click on the tab that says 'larger paintings' at the top right of my blog. Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery
ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK
GULF SHORES, ALABAMA

3 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wonderful! You are a master at soft edges, Elizabeth. ...and I hear ya with regards to photographing reds, they tend to look too yellow/bright via digital pictures.

Kathy Cousart said...

Elizabeth,
This is really nice. Love all the fun colors and you did keep it simple. Lovely!

Elizabeth Blaylock said...

Ya'll are so kind with your comments!!! I really appreciate them.