Monday, June 28, 2010

APPLES ON A BLUE PLATE WITH KNIFE

RED APPLES ON A BLUE PLATE
6 X 6 OIL ON PANEL
I simplified the apples using broad strokes of color to define the planes. The knife was put an angle to bring you back into the picture. I was wishing I had a more interesting looking knife, but I don't believe I ever seen a really cool paring knife.
If you have questions, comments, or would like to purchase this painting, email me at
I love hearing from you.
PayPal invoicing is available and it is safe and easy. To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 300 paintings in the older post on my
Elizabeth Blaylock
Gulf Shores, Alabama

2 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

I think it is an interesting knife. As usual, beautiful color harmony and brushstrokes. Happy painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I always enjoy seeing your work at DP and esp. like this interesting painting.