Thursday, June 17, 2010

OIL PAINTING OF RED APPLES ON VIOLET

REDS APPLES ON VIOLETS
6 X 5 OIL ON VIOLET
Getting the transition from red to green on the front apple was tricky. I used a little light crimson to ease the change. I always seem to have trouble photographing reds especially alizarin crimson. I suppose because it is such a transparent color.
If you have questions, comments, or would like to purchase this painting, email me at
eliblaylock@yahoo.com
PayPal invoicing is available and it is safe and easy. To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 300 paintings in the older post on my
blog
Elizabeth Blaylock
Gulf Shores, Alabama

6 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

I always enjoy your fresh and confident brushstrokes Elizabeth and the colours here are stunning but what's special about this one for me is the geometric feel of the background.

carol morgan carmichael said...

I LOVE this one! It just jumps out at you. Beautiful colors.

Paintdancer said...

Your paintings make me happy even when I am sad. Thank you, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Blaylock said...

wOW! Ya'll make me feel so good with your wonderful comments. Thanks

Dana Marie said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Elizabeth!

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Hello Elizabath, I've just found my way here following a tip-off from Carol Carmichael. She was raving about your beautiful colours and she's right, your blog is uplifting with its burst of colour. I particularly love this one.

Delighted to have found you and looking forward to following your work.