Tuesday, June 29, 2010

OIL PAINTING OF A PINK ZINNIA IN A GOLD RIMMED GLASS

PINK ZINNIA IN A GOLD RIMMED GLASS
6 X 6 OIL ON PANEL
I had a dark background on this originally and then, lightened it up because I felt it looked to harsh. As a result I had to lighten all the values on the glass. I like it much better but what a lot of work. I thought I was finished then I ended up painting the whole thing over again!
If you have questions, comments, or would like to purchase this painting, email me at
eliblaylock@yahoo.com
I love hearing from you.
PayPal invoicing is available and it is safe and easy. To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 300 paintings in the older post on my
blog
Elizabeth Blaylock
Gulf Shores, Alabama

3 comments:

LindaHunt said...

I love your color but do appreciate the lighter palette on this lovely painting! The zinnia is soooo wonderful!

Linda Popple said...

Lovely painting with beautiful color harmony. The glass is beautifully painted.

Elizabeth Blaylock said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments!!