Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ORANGE ZINNIA IN ROUND GLASS VASE

ORANGE ZINNIA SOLD
10 X 8 OIL ON PANEL
This is the demonstration I did yesterday for my workshop in beautiful Vicksburg, Mississippi
I have always thought flowers are hard to paint as they have very subtle value changes. You have to squint and look hard to see them.
Below is a simple quick study of just the flower
If you have questions, comments or would like to purchase this painting email me at eliblaylock@yahoo.com
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 400 paintings in the older post on my
blog
To see some of my available larger paintings click on the tab that says 'larger paintings' at the top right of my blog.
Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery
ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK
GULF SHORES, ALABAMA

No comments: