Monday, October 25, 2010

ABSTRACT IN REDS

ABSTRACT IN RED
16 X 12 ACRYLIC ON CANVAS
NFS
This is the only painting I have left of a series of abstracts done 40 years ago for my senior project at University of Southern Mississippi. I will never forget my art professor Harry Ward. He would walk up to the student and ask "what are you doing?' You could not say "I am slinging paint around hoping a masterpiece will emerge", which many of us may have been doing. Better to say " I am organizing color and shapes with a warm dominance to lead the eye around the canvas in an entertaining manner.
If you have questions or comments email me at eliblaylock@yahoo.com
To see more of my original oil paintings browse through the over 400 paintings in the older post on my
blog
To see some of my available larger paintings click on the tab that says 'larger paintings' at the top right of my blog.
Or check out all my daily paintings by clicking
my gallery
ELIZABETH BLAYLOCK
GULF SHORES, ALABAMA

1 comment:

LindaHunt said...

Great little story...I do love this abstract and the color is vibrant! You are so good with color!!